Saturday, October 23, 2010

I need to have a MRI test done but am claustrophobic?

Does anyone know of any relaxation techniques i could try to help cope next time i try to have this test doneI need to have a MRI test done but am claustrophobic?
If you explain this to your doctor, he/she may give you something to relax you before you go to have the MRI done,,,
There are open MRIs I believe. You should talk to your doctor about it.
No but they'll give you a sedative to help if you tell them now nervous you are. good luck.
Blaze one first.
Try yoga,or a yoga class,because i have had an MRI twice and trust me,yoga helped soooo much,trust me,i have had soooo many experiences!But don't worry too much like i said just try yoga for a while,IT WORKS!
they have something called an open scan MRI -- the sides are open so you don't feel so closed in --
touching my, or others, genitals before, after, and during the MRI seems to calm me down. Also i have found that snorting cocaine, ecstasy, and PCP makes for a great relaxation and a psychedelic effect.
I am a vietnam veteran and have had quite a few as a result of my wounds BUT..... GOOD NEWS.........The Radiology staff will sedate you if you have a problem such as this. It works very well! Regards SadSack

No comments:

Post a Comment